Updated September 9, 2021
While the statewide COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted by the Governor of Texas, Carter Physiotherapy will continue to follow CDC guidelines as the health and wellbeing of our patients and employees is our highest priority. We are committed to providing a safe environment in our office while providing quality care. To make an appointment with one of our physical therapists, you can schedule an appointment online or call/text us today if you’d like to discuss options for a telehealth online appointment.
Visiting Our Office
- All Carter PT staff are fully vaccinated and utilize masks inside the clinic.
- We will reach out via text the morning of your appointment to confirm that you are symptom free. We ask that you respond to the text questions with a simple yes or no. (Late cancelation policy fees will be waived if you need to reschedule due to symptoms or exposure.)
- We will be utilizing contactless payment so there is no need to touch common devices during your appointment.
- When you arrive, please stay in your car and keep an eye out for a text from your therapist (it’ll come from 512-693-8849). They’ll let you know when the treatment room is clear, meticulously cleaned, and ready for you to come in and enjoy their treatment.
- We ask that bags/purses and personal belongings not be brought into the office suite unless necessary for the appointment.
- Though we’ll miss seeing your smile, your therapist and all our clients are asked to wear masks at all times when inside the building.
- We will take your temperature at the suite door with a contactless (but still recently sanitized) thermometer, and if your forehead temp is above 99.9 we will get you rescheduled.
- Therapists will thoroughly wash their hands with antibacterial/antiviral soap between sessions as well as after they clean the room between sessions. They will use hand sanitizer at the beginning of each session and re-sanitize during the session after any contact with their computer/devices.
- Therapists will also offer to wear gloves if it makes you feel even more comfortable.
- Between sessions, therapists will sanitize the room like there is about to be a surgery performed in it … going especially overboard on anything the previous client touched or that the therapist touched. They will do so with the windows open to exchange the air in the room as well.
In keeping with CDC recommendations, we ask patients who are feeling unwell to please call our office before coming in for their appointment if you have or have had a fever within the last 72 hours of 100.0 or higher, or you are currently experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Muscle pain or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of smell or taste
- Congestion or runny nose
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting & Nausea
If the answer to any of these it yes, but you’d still like to have your physical therapy appointment—please let us know and we’ll shift the appointment to a telehealth online appointment.
In addition, please call us to discuss exposure if you have been in contact with someone awaiting COVID-19 test results or has received a COVID positive test in the past 2 weeks.